Image Map

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What's your Number? {freebie}

I'm back again with another time-saving tip for smooth sailing this school year!  This one is tried and true, but I thought I'd take a moment to let you know the plethora of ways I use it in my classroom.  Save yourself time setting up your classroom each year AND during transitions by assigning classroom numbers. 


I can't believe I'm saying this already, but it's nearly time to get back into the classroom and start setting up for the year.  We all  know how long and grueling this process can be.  This process can be made easier by labeling things with classroom numbers instead of names.  Cubbies, mailboxes, assigned seats, center rotation cards, you name it.  Anything that will be assigned to a person, can be labeled with a number instead of a name.  This way, you don't have to change these items out year to year.  

How do I assign numbers?  I typically put my class list in alphabetical order and number them from top to bottom.  As people move in/out, I either give them someone's old-no-longer-being-used number or add them to the end of the list. Because I work in a very transient population, by the end of the year, my number order isn't quite alphabetical, but it's established and it's easy.

So, I know I'm not sharing anything too creative here.  Classroom numbers... not a novel idea, but it is a huge time saver and will definitely help you to get organized in your classroom.  Here are some ideas for different places and ways you can use classroom numbers. 


Go ahead and get started labeling and numbering away!  Click below to pick up a little freebie!  These are the numbers I use on my classroom cubbies.  I am including two versions, one with bright colors, and one in just black and white! Click either image below to download.


Check back next week for another time and sanity saving tip! 

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! A lot of teachers at my school number there students- I think it's time I started. Thanks for the ideas and freebies.

    ReplyDelete